Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Difference between "careless" and "carefree"

careless = I am not careful and make mistakes. Example, “I am a careless driver.”

carefree = I have no worries in my life. Example, “Children usually have carefree lives.”

Also note: not to care about something = I don’t take care for it, I don’t worry about it, I don’t think about it, and it doesn’t matter to me. Example: “I don’t care about my body. It doesn’t matter to me if I’m thin, fat, strong, or weak. I simply don’t care.”

If you would like to receive comments like these on your TOEFL practice essays, you can sign up for a program here: http://www.cz-training.com/toefl/signup01.html

All essays are corrected by native speakers of English and are returned with personalized feedback on how you can improve your writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment